TILEX XL is a blended powder polymer modified cement based tile adhesive specially designed for heavy duty tile applications like granite, mosaic on internal/external vertical surfaces. This highly flexible adhesive also has an excellent waterproofing ability also. TILEX - XL is suitable for fixing Ceramic, Glazed surfaces, Natural Stones, etc., on a new substrate & tile on tile applications.
AREA OF APPLICATION
For heavy duty vertical cladding like natural stones & large format tiles on internal/external applications and tile on tile applications as well as the swimming pool tiling applications.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Ready to use, needs only mixing with water
- Excellent adhesion, low shrinkage
- Excellent waterproofing characteristics
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Sufficiently flexible to accommodate Thermal & physical movements
- Needs no curing and soaking of substrate or tile
- Needs no hacking or mechanical key on the surface
- Use mechanical clamps for holding the heavy stones in positions on vertical surface TILEX -XL also can be applied at 3-mm thickness for fixing of normal tiles in toilets and swimming pool area. Mix TILEX - TG powder with water in ratio 2.5: 1 (1 water to 2.5 TILEX - TG) and press it firmly in joints. After grouting clean and polish tiles with a damp sponge or cloth.
- Base : Polymer modified cementitious material
- Appearance : Cement Grey Powder
- Mix ratio : Approx. 3 : 1 (by vol).
- Open time : Approx. 10 - 15 minutes at 30°C
- Pot life : Approx. 2 hrs at 30°C
- Coverage : 60 - 70 sqft/30Kg bag at 3 mm thickness
- 30 - 35 sqft/30Kg bag at 6mm thickness
- Trafficable time : 24 hrs (max.)
INSTRUCTIONS: PRECAUTION / STORAGE
- Heavy tiles must be supported by mechanical clamps while fixing on the vertical surface.
- Always add powder to water and not water to powder.
- Do not add more water than recommended.
- Do not add sand or cement at site.
- Before doing tile-on-tile application, ensure that the original tiling surface in sound condition.
- This product is strictly not recommended for the direct use on gypsum plaster, paint, wood & metal. For such applications apply BOND REPAIR over a dry & clean surface. Thereafter within 60 mins start applying TILEX -XL paste. Particularly for application over wood/metal the surface must be sufficiently rigid & stable to receive tile and capable of carrying the load of tiles without excessive deflection.