CRYSTOFEX is a cementitious, brush applied, waterproofing treatment for concrete. When it is mixed with water & applied to concrete, it penetrates into the concrete mass protecting against the passage of water.
CRYSTOFEX react chemically to form billions of needle like crystals which blocks the pores, voids & micro cracks in concrete. Pre saturation & subsequent re- wetting of the surface will cause deeper diffusion of the organic chemicals & formation of crystals at greater depth. It may take from seven days to one month to reach its maximum waterproofing capability, depending on the thickness of concrete. Environmental factors such as ambient temperature, density of concrete, moisture present & weather conditions all can effect the timing of sealing process. Under dry conditions,
CRYSTOFEX lies dormant. However it becomes reactive whenever it is re-exposed to moisture.
CRYSTOFEX contains active waterproofing chemicals which react with moisture and unhydrated cement in the concrete, creating insoluble CRYSTOFEX complexes which seal the capillaries and minor shrinkage cracks. They penetrate even against strong hydrostatic pressure, becoming an integral part of the concrete. The waterproofing chemicals remain active for the life of the structure, permanently sealing it from water penetration.
- Colour : Grey
- Texture : Powder
- Bulk Density : 1.25
- Penetration Rate : 2 mm per week
- Water Pressure Head : Upto 150 m head pH when mixed with water : 11 + 1
- Particle size : 40-150 microns
- Coverage : 9 - 10 sq. ft. in two coats
- Shelf Life : One year in original seal pack stored properly
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Stops water movement through concrete
- Protects reinforcing steel against corrosion
- Waterproofs minor cracking & seals shrinkage cracks up to 0.4 mm width.
- Its waterproofing capability increases with time i.e. it remains permanently active.
- Does not get affected by surface wear or abrasion
- Can be applied to positive or negative side of concrete
- Non toxic, thus good for use in drinking water containments
- Treated concrete withstands hydrostatic pressure upto 150 mtr head
- Easy in application, only mix water at site.
- Protects concrete against contaminated water & corrosion.
- Applicable on moist substrates.
- It allows concrete to breathe, but is not a vapour barrier
- Waterproofs by deep crystallization, where slabs or concrete rafts / PCC are to be landscaped.
AREA OF APPLICATION
- Water retaining Structures Water Excluding Structures
- Water tanks, towers – Basements
- Reservoirs – Tunnels
- Swimming pool - Inspection Pits
- Water treatment works – Foundations
- Dams - Lift shafts
- Concrete Pipes - Construction Joints
- Canals - Sea defence walls
- Harbours - Retaining walls
- - Bridge Decks
- - Jetties
INSTRUCTIONS: PRECAUTION / STORAGE
Package : 20 kg